Jesus continually draws our attention to little things, a mustard seed, the tongue, the little foxes, and of course, a child. In God’s economy, little is big. The adrenal glands, as mentioned are tiny organs in this human anatomy. In man’s economy, bigger is better and small is often ignored. Jesus was an advocate of downward mobility, with the servant being the master of all. The purpose of this article series is to bring awareness to the little things that you may have overlooked that have more power than you had realized.
In the natural, your tiny adrenal glands will shut your body down if you don’t learn to nurture them and live in peace.
“Sometimes an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” Anonymous
Here are some practical tips that have miraculously helped people overcome adrenal exhaustion.
1) Take a Sabbath day: Take one day for yourself a week and turn off computers, cell phones, televisions and needy friends!
2) Find a good B vitamin supplement (food based) at your local health food store. Make sure the supplement is high in B-12 and folic acid.
3) The adrenals love licorice! Many have reported amazing results using pure Licorice root extract.
Finally, if I may offer a little Spiritual advice:
1) Identify the “little things” that are causing big problems. If your ministry becomes more important than your family, re-evaluate your motives for being a minister.
2) If you have truly “given” your life to Jesus, than start trusting Him with it, it is His life now.
3) Meditate on this scripture until you have an, “Aha” moment;
2 Peter 1:3, “His divine power has given (past tense) us everything we need for life and Godliness through our knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness.”
5) When exhaustion rears its hideous head, read the psalms! They are the “Gos-pills” for what ails the weary soul.
6) Rediscover your reason for being; worship the Lord and walk with Him in the cool of the day.
7) Don’t worry about anything, Pray about everything.
It is my prayer that this article series will bring life and healing to you, right where you are. You are God’s crowning achievement, take time to laugh, love and listen.
If you do, you find out that it is better to be an “on fire” Christian, than merely a burnt offering!